The White Rock Museum & Archives online collection of White Rock newspapers reflects the many eras in the history of a community known for its distinct sense of identity. First published in 1939, the 4-page weekly Semiahmoo Sun grew quickly to more than twenty pages by the mid-1960s. With the incorporation of White Rock in 1957, the paper changed its name to the White Rock Sun.
Issues of the Semiahmoo Sun and White Rock Sun from 1940 onward have been digitised with partial funding provided by the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre at the UBC Library. The driving force behind the project are the volunteers of the White Rock Museum and Archives. Without them, this online resource would not be possible.